If you want to get rid of your old Nintendo Network ID and replace it with a new one on your new Switch console, there’s a few different ways to go about it. In this article, we’ll show you how to unlink your old NNID from your Wii U, and then use that ID on your Switch.
How do I unlink my Nintendo ID from my old console?
If you want to unlink your Nintendo ID from your old console, there are a few different ways to go about it.
You can head to the My Nintendo page on your console and select Unlink ID. This will take you to a screen where you can enter in your Nintendo ID number and press Unlink. If you don’t have a My Nintendo account, you can create one by visiting https://my.nintendo.com/. After entering in your Nintendo ID number, press Unlink.
If you’ve forgotten your Nintendo ID number, you can still unlink your account by contacting customer support. You can find contact information for customer support on the Nintendo website, under Services & Support. After providing them with your name, email address, and the date of purchase of the console, they may be able to help you unlink your account.
Can I link my Nintendo Network ID to another Wii U?
If you want to unlink your Nintendo Network ID from an old Wii U, there are a few things you need to do. First, you’ll need to find your Nintendo Network ID. This can be done by going to the System Settings menu on your old Wii U and selecting “Nintendo Network ID”. After finding your Nintendo Network ID, you will need to create a new account on the new Wii U. Once you have created a new account, you will need to link your Nintendo Network ID to that account. To do this, go to the System Settings menu on the new Wii U and select “Link Accounts”. After linking your Nintendo Network ID, you will no longer be able to use the old Wii U with that Nintendo Network ID.
How do you retrieve a Nintendo Network ID from a linked Wii U console or linked system in the Nintendo 3DS family?
If you have a Wii U console or a linked system in the Nintendo DS family that you no longer use, you can unlink it from your Nintendo Network ID. This will delete the content of that system and make it available for other players to use.
To unlink a Wii U console or a linked system in the Nintendo DS family:
1. From the main menu, select System Settings.
2. Select Accounts and Login Settings.
3. Select Nintendo Network ID.
4. Click Unlink Nintendo Network ID.
How do I transfer my Wii U to another account?
If you want to move your Wii U to another account, you’ll first need to unlink your current Nintendo Network ID from your old Wii U. To do this, follow these steps:
1. On your old Wii U, open the System Settings menu.
2. Under “System Settings” in the main menu, select “Users.”
3. Select the Nintendo Network ID you want to unlink from your Wii U.
4. Click the “Unlink” button next to the Nintendo Network ID.
How do I reset my Wii U to factory settings?
If you have forgotten your Wii U network id, or if you want to unlink your Wii U from an old account, follow these steps:
1. Power off your Wii U.
2. Remove the disc from the Wii U tray.
3. Press and hold down the power button on the front of the system for about 10 seconds until you see a blue light start to flash.
4.Release the power button and insert the disc into the Wii U drive.
5.Press A on the Wii U gamepad to open the System Settings menu.
6.Select System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo Network ID.
7.Scroll down to find your current network id and select it by pressing A again. If prompted, enter your Nintendo Network ID password.
8.Select Unlink Nintendo Network ID from this Wii U and confirm by pressing A again. The system will restart and you will be set back to factory settings.
Can I unlink a Nintendo Account from a user?
If you’re looking to unlink a Nintendo account from a Wii U, the process is relatively simple. You’ll first need to locate your Wii U’s User ID and Password. Once you have both of these pieces of information, follow these steps:
1. On the Wii U GamePad, go to System Settings and select Users.
2. Select the user you want to unlink the account from and enter their User ID and Password.
3. Select Unlink Nintendo Account from this User from the menu on the right side of the screen.
4. If prompted, confirm that you want to unlink the account by entering your password again.
Is Wii U Online still supported?
Nintendo has been quiet about its online support for the Wii U, but that doesn’t mean it’s not still supported. If you have a Nintendo Network ID (NID) and an old Wii U console, you can still use them both online. Just head to Settings > System & Online > Nintendo Network ID and unlink your NID from the old Wii U.
Is Friend code the same as Nintendo Network ID?
If you want to unlink your Nintendo Network ID from an old Wii U, there are a few different ways to go about it.
The first option is to use the Friend Code system. If you know the Friend Code of the person you want to unlink your ID from, you can enter that number into the Wii U’s System Settings.
Another option is to use the Nintendo Network ID Reset Tool. This tool allows you to reset your Nintendo Network ID if it’s been disabled or if it’s lost or stolen. You can find more information about using the tool on Nintendo’s website.
If you want to unlink your old Nintendo Network ID from a Wii U, here’s how:
1. Tap Settings on the Home screen. 2. Select System Settings. 3. Under “Nintendo Network ID,” tap on the ID that you want to unlink. 4. Tap on the “Unlink” button next to the ID. 5. Enter your new Nintendo Network ID and confirm your unlink request.