Are you thinking of switching to a new iPhone or trying to sell it? Yes, why not, it is easy for one to think about it but before that one should know how to deactivate the previous one. Deactivating means deleting all the files, erasing all the data, images, videos and so on from your phone. Also, if you want to sell your phone or get it repaired through a technician, you should deactivate your phone so that the data does not go in the wrong hands.
How to wipe my iPhone before selling it?
It is easy to wipe off all the data from your iPhone before giving it to anyone. So it is better to erase all the material stored in your iPhone. Following are the steps to know how to wipe all the content from your iPhone:
- Firstly, you have to go to the settings.
- Click on the general option.
- Then, Transfer or Reset iPhone and tap on the erase all the content and settings.
Now as you have wiped off all the data, when you will restart your iPhone you will see your iPhone as a new one and then ready for selling or replacement.
How do I turn off find my device from another iPhone?
You can easily turn off find my device from another iPhone with the below basic steps:
- You have to go to “Find my Device” on another iPhone.
- Tap the device you want to turn off Find my iPhone feature.
- Now scroll down to find erase this device option.
- When you complete the erasing, tap on Remove this device.
- Tap on the Remove, it will get removed easily.
Is it safe to sell an iPhone after deactivating everything?
Are you really planning to sell your iPhone but also scared of your Personal Data. You need not to as factory reset deletes all the data from your iPhone.
This is because Apple uses encryption technology to protect data and as soon as you factory resets the phone, those encryption keys are deleted meaning that there is absolutely no way to recover the data. So it is safe to sell your iPhone after deactivating or resetting it.
How to permanently delete an Apple ID account?
- Open the Apple’s data and privacy webpage login.
- Now log in to the account you like to delete.
- Click on Request to delete your account option.
- Keep in mind which account you want to delete and have a look at your backups.
- Choose a reason for deleting it permanently.
- Click continue and follow the remaining conditions to permanently delete your Apple ID account.
How to remove the previous owner ID from your iPhone?
You have to follow the below steps for its easy access:
- Sign in to icloud.com with their ID.
- Open the Find my Phone feature.
- Click on all devices at the top of the screen.
- Now you have to select the device that you want to remove from the iCloud.
- Click on Remove from account.
How long does it take to deactivate an iPhone?
It hardly takes 10-15 minutes for the deactivation if you are connected to a good network. If not, then connect to a network and try again which will take less time only.
How to erase or wipe off your iphone without a passcode?
Are you trying to erase the data without passcode, it’s not possible though but can be done through iCloud:
- Firstly, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your previous ID you used for setting up iCloud.
- Click on the Find iPhone from the tools and then click on ‘All Devices’.
- Now select your iPhone from the list there.
- Click the ‘Erase button’ for deleting all the data and accept the conditions.
- After that all the data from your iPhone will be erased.
- You can restore your data if you backed up them before.
How to Deactivate an iPhone?
- Log into Apple’s Data and Privacy website with your Apple ID. You can be asked for the two-factor authentication to continue the process.
- Click on the link to Request to delete your account under the feature Delete your account.
- Select the reason for deletion from the dropdown box and click on continue.
- Now review the deletion terms & conditions and accept it, continue.
- Select the option where you want to receive status updates of the account’s deletion and continue.
- Make a record of the access code that Apple provides and click continue.
- Enter the access code for confirmation and click continue.
- Have a look at the final reminders of the effects of account deletion.
- Click Delete account.
- Click sign-out on the confirmation screen.
After that Apple will verify the account deletion request before going on for security and it can take seven days for completion. Process is easy if one follows all the instructions. Reselling or replacing it after the deactivation will not lead to any issue as you have already deleted your data from your iPhone.
it’s the official editor in chief of appclap and I have been writing for several different portals for a long time. i write about tech, ed-tech and have love for poems. enjoy your time on appclap.org and don’t forget to comment on the post you like.