It’s easy to accidentally delete a note on your MacBook Pro, whether you’re using the Notes app or another note-taking app. If you’ve deleted a note that you need, don’t despair—there are a few ways you can try to recover it.
In this article, we talk about how can I restore deleted notes on my MacBook Pro. From restoring memories via recently deleted to finding deleted notes with iCloud, we’ll explore all the options available to you.
Before we begin, it’s important to note that there is no guarantee that you will be able to recover your deleted notes. Depending on how long ago you deleted the notes and how you’ve been using your MacBook Pro since then, there is a possibility that the notes are gone for good.
However, it’s always worth a try to follow the steps below and see if you can get your notes back.
Method 1: Check the Recently Deleted Folder
If you’ve deleted a note on your MacBook Pro, the first thing you should do is check the Recently Deleted folder. This folder is where notes that have been deleted are stored for 30 days before they are permanently erased. As instructed, it is a good piece of advice in general as you want to keep track of files on the computer in general, right?
To check the Recently Deleted folder, follow these steps:
- Go to the Notes App
- Click on the Recently Deleted folder in the sidebar
- Check to see if your deleted note is there. If it is, click on the note to restore it
Method 2: Find Deleted Notes With iCloud
If you can’t find your deleted notes in the Recently Deleted folder, your next best bet is to check iCloud. If you’ve been backing up your notes to iCloud, there’s a chance that you’ll be able to find and restore your deleted notes from there.
To check iCloud for deleted notes, follow these steps:
- Go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID
- Click on Notes
- Check to see if your deleted notes are there.
- If they are, click on the note to restore it
Method 3: Use Time Machine
If you’ve been regularly backing up your MacBook Pro with Time Machine, there’s a chance that you’ll be able to find and restore your deleted notes from there. Time Machine backups contain all the data from your MacBook Pro at the time of the backup, so if you have a recent backup, it’s worth checking to see if your deleted notes are there.
To check for deleted notes in a Time Machine backup, follow these steps:
- Open Time Machine from the Dock or Applications folder
- Select the most recent backup that predates the deletion of your notes
- Click on the Notes app icon to open it
- Check to see if your deleted notes are there. If they are, click on the note to restore it
Method 4: Access Deleted Memos Through .storedata
If you’ve tried all of the methods above and still can’t find your deleted notes, there’s one last thing you can try. Every note that you create on your MacBook Pro is stored as a .storedata file, and these files are stored in a hidden folder on your hard drive.
While you can’t access this folder directly, you can use a Terminal command to view the contents of the folder and see if your deleted notes are there.
To access deleted memos through .storedata, follow these steps:
- Open the Terminal application from the Utilities folder
- Type in the following command and press Enter:
- A list of .storedata files will appear in the Terminal window
- Press Command + F to open a Find window
- Type in .storedata and press Enter
- Scroll through the list of .storedata files until you find the one for your deleted note
Method 5: Use Data Recovery Tools
If you’ve tried all of the methods above and still can’t find your deleted notes, your last resort is to use data recovery tools. These tools can scan your hard drive for any deleted files and try to recover them. While they don’t always work, it’s worth giving them a try if you’ve exhausted all other options.
There are a few different data recovery tools available, but we recommend using Disk Drill. It’s a reliable and easy-to-use tool that can recover deleted files from your hard drive.
To use Disk Drill to recover deleted notes, follow these steps:
- Download and install Disk Drill from the company’s website
- Open Disk Drill and select your hard drive
- Click on the Recover button
- Disk Drill will start scanning your hard drive for any deleted files
- When the scan is complete, check to see if your deleted notes are there. If they are, select them and click on the Recover button to save them to your hard drive
If you can’t find your deleted notes using any of the methods above, there’s a chance that they’re gone for good. However, if you regularly back up notes, you may be able to find them in your backup.
If you’ve deleted notes on your MacBook Pro, the above-mentioned methods on how can I restore deleted notes on my MacBook Pro should help you recover them. We recommend that you regularly back up your MacBook Pro with Time Machine to avoid losing any important data in the future.
- How to come an AI adept Top Certificates of 2023 - June 6, 2023
- How much can an average painter paint in a day? - June 4, 2023
- Can you import VW California to Canada? - June 1, 2023