It might seem like deleting any photo from your phone is a simple enough task, but what happens if you accidentally delete that photo from Google Photos? Well, according to some recent reports, it could actually be pretty difficult to get that photo back – even if you have the original file saved on your computer.
Does deleting photos from phone Delete from Google Photos?
If you delete photos from your phone, does that mean they’ll be gone from Google Photos? The short answer is that it depends. If the photos were taken with a phone that Google Photos supports and the account has a backup, then the photos will be removed. However, if the photos were taken with a phone that Google Photos does not support or if there is no backup, then the photos may stay on the device or be backed up to Google Photos.
How do I delete photos from gallery without deleting from Google Photos?
If you want to delete a photo from Google Photos, but don’t want it to also delete from your phone, follow these steps:
1. Open Google Photos on your computer.
2. Select the photo you want to delete.
3. On the right side of the screen, under “Delete this photo,” click “Delete.”
4. If you’re sure you want to delete the photo, click “Delete.”
5. If you’re not sure, click “Keep.” Google may keep a copy of the photo in case you change your mind later.
Do Google Photos stay forever?
If you delete photos from your phone, will they still be stored on Google Photos? The short answer is: it depends. If the photos were taken with a Google Camera app, then generally speaking, Google Photos will keep them indefinitely. However, if the photos were taken with a default camera app or if they’re stored on a device that doesn’t have a Google Photos account (like an Android phone), then they may be deleted after a certain amount of time.
How do I delete photos from my phone only?
If you want to delete photos from your phone, but don’t want them to disappear from Google Photos, follow these steps:
1. Open the Photos app on your phone.
2. Tap the three lines in the top left corner (…) to open the Photos settings menu.
3. Under “General,” tap “Photos.”
4. Tap “Photos of [people].” You’ll see all the photos of people in your account. (…)
5. Tap a photo you want to delete. The photo will start shaking and a notification icon will appear at the top right corner ( ).
6. Tap “Delete.” The photo will be deleted from your phone and it will no longer appear in Google Photos.
Where can I save my photos forever?
If you delete a photo from your phone, Google Photos may not keep it permanently. Photos that are deleted from your phone are automatically removed after 30 days unless they have been shared with someone else or backed up to Google Drive.
Can I delete photos from my phone after uploading to Google Drive?
Google Photos is a great way to store and share your photos with friends and family. However, if you want to delete a photo from your phone, it may not be easy. Deleting a photo from Google Photos does not remove it from your device’s storage.
Do I need both Gallery and Google Photos?
Google Photos is a great way to store and share your photos with friends and family. But what happens if you delete a photo from your phone? Will it still be visible in Google Photos? The answer is… sort of.
If you delete a photo from your phone, Google Photos will remove it from its index (the list of files that it can search). However, if you also delete the photo from Gallery (an app on your phone), then Google Photos won’t be able to find the photo and it’ll be deleted from your account.
Are Google Photos stored on my phone?
Google Photos is a great app to store your photos and videos. However, if you delete your photos or videos from your phone, they may be deleted from Google Photos as well.
As frustrating as it can be to lose a photo that you really wanted to keep, it’s probably not worth losing sleep over. Google Photos is designed to automatically store all of your photos in one place, and deleting them from your phone won’t actually remove them from the service. In fact, if you delete a photo from your device but have it backed up online, Google will still retain a copy of the picture. So long as you have access to the original file (either on your computer or on Google Drive), you’ll be able to use it again in the future.
- Flashlight Apps - October 22, 2022
- iTunes Alternatives - October 22, 2022
- Talking Apps like Siri - October 22, 2022